October Devour Hour!
Fall is upon us (sort of!) so this recipe is straight up fall in a bowl. Acorn squash, lots of herbs, some good healthy fats, and of course a load of veggies and protein.
1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Place the 4 acorn squash halves open-side down on the baking sheet and roast in the preheated oven for about 40 minutes, or until the top of your squash feels tender when gently pressed. Set Aside.
3. While the squash roasts, heat the butter or olive oil over low heat then add the onions and garlic and cook until just tender, then add all the meat and increase the heat to medium.
4. Cook the meat and stir to break up lumps, about 8-10 minutes until just browned. Add the apples and herbs and continue to cook, stirring until the apples soften. Add the spinach and a pinch of salt and pepper and cook, stirring, until the spinach wilts.
5. Preheat your broiler, then fill all 4 halves of the squash with the stuffing mixture (you may have leftover depending on how big your squash was).
Arrange the squash on the baking sheet, stuffing side up, and put under the broiler for 5-10 minutes until the tops get nice and toasty, checking often to prevent burning.
6. If meal prepping this, cut squash into quarters and top with mixture in containers!
Coach Matty B – RF House Nutrition Sherpa, PN2 Nutrition Coach & Master Chef